Harvey Weinstein Discourages Boycott, Predicts Chris Rock Will ‘Annihilate’ Hollywood. What do you think?
This 1996 Stand-Up HBO special brought Chris Rock critical acclaim along with 2 Emmy Awards and propelled him into Movie stardom. Now after achieving success others of any color would envy, Rock, a vocal critic of racism, says race his impacted his career.
During Thursday nights debate Marco Rubio demonstrated EXACTLY what is wrong with our political system, it is run by people who do not understand the real world. It is run by people who went to law school then ran for political office—just like Marco did.
Anybody, and there will be plenty, that think Rubio got the best of Donald Trump knows nothing about business. Rubio was on fire and went after Trump, good for him..I like good heated debates. But here are a few things to take away from some of the fiery exchanges.
1. Allowing insurance companies to compete across state lines is the single best thing to bring competition to insurance industry which will in turn drive down premiums and create more options. Rubio pressed Trump for his plan. Trump responded there will be lots of plans. He is correct, eliminating Obama Care and opening the markets will drive many plans into the market place, its called free markets Marco as a conservative perhaps you have heard of them? Politicians think you need a government plan, Wrong Marco…
2. Making your products where they are most cost effective is called common sense. You do not manufacture a product at a cost that prevents it from being competitive. Because you want to make production more competitive in America doesn’t mean you have to make a lousy business decision in the meantime.
3. Filing BK is part of entire financial industry. It is a tool used everyday. Without it we would have little investment capital in the market place. Of course Marco has no experience filing BK he has never done anything other than run for and hold political office.
4. Not every venture an entrepreneur endeavors in succeeds, in fact most fail. Like most movies lose money. This escapes professional politicians who have never worked in the real world, created anything, made a payroll or started a business, who instead chose law school and than ran for political office. What they know are sound bites and rhetoric. Marco showed his skill set tonight.
5. There is nothing wrong with borrowing or getting money from your father to start a business. It is how many people get their start. Parents and family should be the first place children go to help with starting a business or buying their first home. Politicians think you need a government program. Wrong Marco…
5. Playing in the sandbox that is constructed does not mean you can’t want a better sandbox. Outsourcing jobs, using tax breaks, BK laws, supporting different politicians, immigrant labor, etc…is the sandbox we now have. Trump and others want to change that. Marco is happy with the way it is apparently.
What Rubio actually did tonight was show the thinking people of America exactly what is wrong with our system. He demonstrated just how out of touch —professional politicians —are with the real world.
You may not like Trump for various reasons, Rubios exchanges however, should not be one of them.
“By speaking out and saying it as it is and by disavowing political correctness his appeal to voters young and old has surprised many who themselves were blinded by the Washington machine.”
“Donald J Trump has cracked the grip that the media and big corporations have had over politics”
John and Irina Mappin of the usually private and historic Mappin family who are the current custodians of Camelot Castle and the Round Table and whom announced the honour today, see what Mr. Trump has done to the political process as pure oxygen to a culture that has become politically stagnant. They continued:
“For Decades Politicians have been in the pay of vested interests and corporate lobbyists.”
“Trump does not need their money and so he is in a unique position of being truly independent.”
“His special interest is the American people.”
“Henceforth Donald J Trump shall be known at Camelot Castle as Sir Donald Trump of Camelot. The Camelot Knighthood and honour is hereditary with the title passing to each of his children and in turn their grandchildren. His wife Melania will be known at Camelot Castle as Lady Melania of Camelot.”
The problem is simple, when you have to have advisors tell you what your answers should be you should not be running for anything. It is far better to be yourself with all your imperfections than pretend to be something you are not.
No one person is going to please everyone, so you mine as well be truthful to yourself.
It is no secret the establishment hates Donald Trump. Don’t be fooled, it has little to due with Trumps bombastic style and much more to do with— illegal immigration —and their inability to controlhim like other candidates.
Few if any have put their money where their hatred is. Marlene Ricketts however, whose family owns the Chicago Cubs is dead set on bringing Donald Trump down promising millions in negative ads. Marlene is the wife of billionaire Joe Ricketts, founder of TD Ameritrade. Read the whole story from USA Today
Dr. Robert George, professor at Princeton University, posted this on Facebook:
I gather that the really big news, as always, had to do with a commercial advertisement that was broadcast in the course of the game. Evidently, a potato chip manufacurer, or some such profit-driven purveyor of packaged foodstuffs, showed a video image of an unborn baby. This shocked and appalled the folks at NARAL, the big abortion lobby, who promptly accused the company responsible for the ad of “humanizing the fetus.” Since, however, the fetus in the video was, by all accounts, a human fetus, the offspring of human parents, and not a bovine, canine, or feline fetus, it’s less than clear how it is that the potato chip company (or whatever it was) is to blame for the humanization. Surely NARAL’s complaint would be more fairly lodged against God, or nature, or plain old biological reality.
Memo to NARAL: that’s what an unborn baby actually looks like.
If you question Donald Trumps flip-flopping you really need to question Rubio. Immigration is the key issue this year. If we don’t stop mass illegal —immigrationwe will never see another Republican in the White House, conservative or otherwise.
Phyllis Schlafly who supported Marco Rubio’s run for Sentate in 2009 said;
“He said he was against amnesty and against the establishment. And once he got in, right away, he became an agent of the establishment. And now, of course, he’s big for amnesty and letting all the illegal immigrants in. He betrayed us a number of times on that issue.” Read more